- The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) supports research, education and public awareness of gynecologic cancers.
- To eradicate gynecologic cancers.
- AWARENESS: Promote public awareness of gynecologic cancer prevention, early diagnosis and optimal treatment.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Commit to cultural humility and diversity of thought and engagement.
- EDUCATION: Provide innovative education and continuous learning.
- LEADERSHIP: Set an example of integrity, quality and excellence to eradicate gynecologic cancer.
- PARTNERSHIP: Support efforts of the Society of Gynecologic Oncology to eradicate gynecologic cancers.
- RESEARCH: Advance innovation and discovery to eradicate gynecologic cancer.
2018 – 2020 STRATEGIC GOALS & SUPPORTING INITIATIVES
1. CHAMPION AWARENESS OF GYNECOLOGIC CANCERS
- Identify opportunities to reach the public and the media to help promote programs and expand the Foundation’s reach.
- Engage members in efforts to raise awareness of and for Foundation courses and programs.
- Promote Foundation resources to empower patients and others with the information they need.
2. EXCEL IN GOVERNANCE, OPERATIONS AND STEWARDSHIP
- Establish a $1 million endowment for the foundation by 2020 to support its mission.
- Strive to continuously improve the effectiveness of the Foundation’s investments in research, education and support
3. INNOVATE, ENHANCE AND EXPAND EDUCATIONAL OFFERINGS
- Make the Foundation the home for public and patient education in gynecologic cancer.
- Expand and enhance content on the website and in educational materials.
4. SUPPORT THE MISSION OF THE SOCIETY OF GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY (SGO) TO ERADICATE WOMEN’S CANCER THROUGH ADVOCACY, EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND INTER‐DISCIPLINARY COLLABORATION
5. SUPPORT QUALITY RESEARCH IN GYNECOLOGIC CANCERS
- Create a strategic development plan to diversify the research portfolio.
- Identify sources of funds for research.
Learn more about the Foundation: