September is Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month. Since 1999, the Foundation for Women’s Cancer understands the importance of bringing awareness about gynecologic cancers. After creating the month, each year the Foundation for Women’s Cancer strives to bring attention about these cancers. This year is no different. We are encouraging our advocates and friends to #sharethepurplelove throughout the month.
This year we will take a special focus on clinical trial awareness. Unfortunately, enrollment in stage three clinical trials has decreased for gynecologic cancers. Throughout the month, we will share facts about clinical trials and bring attention to the crisis.
What can you do to help end women’s cancer?
- Use hashtags #EndWomensCancer, #sharethepurplelove and #GCAM in related social media posts focused on bringing awareness about gynecologic cancers.
- Write or share social media posts about clinical trial awareness. Feel free to share our social media posts and use the hashtag #Trials4GynCancerNOW.
- Read more about clinical trials on our website.
- #Sharethepurplelove by donating to the Foundation for Women’s Cancer in honor of GCAM. Donations will help support research, awareness and education for gynecologic cancers.
- Write or share social media posts about recognizing the symptoms of gynecologic cancers and the importance of being treated by a gynecologic oncologist if diagnosed. The shareable photos are available in our GCAM fast sheets document.
- Share photos of #EndWomensCancer fundraising events or photos of advocates and survivors wearing purple, the designated color of gynecologic cancer awareness.
- Share your story on social media. We want to hear from our survivors and advocates!
- Print out our GCAM posters for your office.
- Register for the National Race to End Women’s Cancer on Nov. 5, 2017, in Washington, D.C.—even if you don’t participate you can still donate!
- Follow FWC’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages as the Foundation shares inspiration, information and fun throughout the month.