Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month (GCAM)
September is Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month (GCAM). The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) knows the importance of bringing awareness to all gynecologic cancers—cervical, ovarian, uterine/endometrial, vaginal and vulvar. After creating this awareness month, each year the FWC strives to bring attention to these cancers.
What You Can Do:
- Use hashtags #GynecologicCancerAwarenessMonth, #GCAM and #EndWomensCancer in related social media posts focused on bringing awareness to gynecologic cancers.
- Write or share social media posts about recognizing the symptoms of gynecologic cancers and the importance of being treated by a gynecologic oncologist if diagnosed.
- Download and distribute GCAM posters to help spread awareness about symptoms, risk factors and prevention.
- Share photos of FWC fundraising events or of advocates and survivors wearing purple, the designated color of gynecologic cancer awareness.
- Register, fundraise or donate to the National Race to End Women’s Cancer in Washington, DC.
- Follow the FWC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as we share information and inspiration throughout the month.