Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month (GCAM)
September is Gynecologic Cancer Awareness Month (GCAM). The Foundation for Women’s Cancer (FWC) knows the importance of bringing awareness to gynecologic cancers. After creating the month, each year the FWC strives to bring attention to these cancers.
What You Can Do:
- Use hashtags #GynecologicCancerAwarenessMonth, #GCAM and #EndWomensCancer in related social media posts focused on bringing awareness to gynecologic cancers.
- Write or share social media posts about recognizing the symptoms of gynecologic cancers and the importance of being treated by a gynecologic oncologist if diagnosed.
- Share photos of FWC fundraising events or of advocates and survivors wearing purple, the designated color of gynecologic cancer awareness.
- Register, fundraise or donate to the National Race to End Women’s Cancer in Washington, DC.
- Follow the FWC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as we share information and inspiration throughout the month.